Network Security Internet Technology Development Database Servers Mobile Phone Android Software Apple Software Computer Software News IT Information

In addition to Weibo, there is also WeChat

Please pay attention

WeChat public account

Shulou

Hacker organizations release stolen Sony documents, Marvel Wolverine and other important information exposed.

2024-05-23 Update From: SLTechnology News&Howtos shulou NAV: SLTechnology News&Howtos > IT Information >

Share

Shulou(Shulou.com)12/24 Report--

CTOnews.com, December 19 (Xinhua)-- Rhysida, a cyber crime gang, recently released a large amount of internal data from Sony game studio Insomniac Games on the dark net after the gang failed to demand a huge ransom from Insomniac.

The leaked data totaled 1.67TB, containing more than 1.3 million files, many of which appeared to be related to Insomniac's upcoming Marvel Wolverine game. "data that is not for sale has been uploaded, data hunters, enjoy it," Rhysida said in the post. It is reported that the Rhysida published 98% of the complete data, and the other 2% of the data may have been bought by other bidders.

Rhysida initially threatened to release the data on December 12, when they released some evidence of intrusion, including passport scans, and demanded a ransom of about $2 million (CTOnews.com Note: currently about 14.28 million yuan), and any buyer, including Sony, could bid.

The leaked file is uploaded in three parts, each linked to an online data directory. The first set of data alone reveals a great deal of level design and character material, as well as design images and jpeg files from the Marvel Wolverine game.

The leaks also included documents from Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 game, as well as internal personnel files, and even several employee computers were released.

The most striking of these is a publishing agreement signed by Marvel and Sony Interactive Entertainment, signed by Marvel Entertainment Chairman Isaac Perlmutter and Sony President Jim Ryan. The agreement, which came into effect on July 26, 2021, lists three upcoming X-Men games to be released under the agreement, the first is Marvel Wolverine and the other two have not yet been named.

The agreement contains the date, cost and many other details of the above game. Marvel Wolverine will be released before September 1, 2025, and two other games will be released by December 31, 2029 and December 31, 2033, respectively. Under the agreement, Sony expects each game to cost at least $120 million (currently about 857 million yuan).

Cyber Daily contacted Rhysida for more information about the attack, and according to Rhysida, Sonny and Insomniac were their specific targets. "We got domain administrator privileges 20-25 minutes after we invaded the network," a Rhysida spokesman said. When it comes to motivation, Rhysida said money was the only motive for the attack.

Sony has launched an investigation into the matter and has not given an update.

Welcome to subscribe "Shulou Technology Information " to get latest news, interesting things and hot topics in the IT industry, and controls the hottest and latest Internet news, technology news and IT industry trends.

Views: 0

*The comments in the above article only represent the author's personal views and do not represent the views and positions of this website. If you have more insights, please feel free to contribute and share.

Share To

IT Information

Wechat

© 2024 shulou.com SLNews company. All rights reserved.

12
Report